At Nerium International, we are all about being REAL. To that end, we want to further clarify our relationships with our research partners. It is important when sharing this information that there are no variations from the published text.
Nerium Skincare, Inc.
Nerium Skincare is a subsidiary of Nerium Biotechnology, which provides for topical product development, formulation, clinical testing, manufacturing and marketing of all dermal applications. The accidental discovery that led to NeriumAD happened through Nerium Skincare. Nerium Skincare’s initial product development utilizes the breakthrough ingredient – NAE-8™, which it controls the patens for this extract and extraction process. Various dermal formulations were clinically tested, first for safety and second for efficacy. This research was performed by ST&T Research. A percentage of Nerium International revenue from product sales goes back to Nerium SkinCare and on to Nerium Biotechnology to continue their ongoing research at various institutions.
As a result, the first topical formulation/application, utilizing NAE-8™ is NeriumAD, designed as cosmetic product.Once again, prior to going to market, NeriumAD was clinically tested utilizing strict scientific protocols, professional investigators, and the latest research technology available. NeriumAD’s clinical trials were performed exclusively at ST&T Research. Nerium International exclusively provides marketing.
Dr. Robert Newman
Dr. Robert Newman spent 24 years in research at University of Texas MD Anderson. Dr. Newman conducted extensive studies at MD Anderson on the Nerium oleander plant and its components. Today, Dr. Newman serves as scientific advisor to Nerium Biotechnology, Inc., & Nerium Skin Care, Inc. where he coordinates all research and continues to further his research for specific applications of Nerium oleander (not exclusively skincare products) at numerous leading institutions and independent research centers (MD Anderson, Johns Hopkins, ST&T Research, LSU, University of Toledo, etc.). This research process provides for new discoveries, intellectual property/patents, trade secrets, and applications owned by Nerium Biotechnology, Inc. (NBio-PL², NAE-8™, etc.).
University of Texas MD Anderson
Nerium Biotechnology, Inc. has and continues to work directly with MD Anderson in its research of the Nerium oleander plant (not exclusively skincare products). We want to clarify our relationship both past and current with MD Anderson:
1. MD Anderson DOES NOT own any patent for NeriumAD.
2. MD Anderson HAS NOT tested NeriumAD for aging skin, collagen, wrinkles or discoloration. All of this testing and evaluation was done by ST&T Research.
3. MD Anderson DOES NOT receive any funds from the sale of NeriumAD.
4. NeriumAD HAS NOT been tested on skin cancer or for any other medical condition at any institution or facility. NeriumAD is a cosmetic and the only testing is based on the appearance of the skin before and after use of NeriumAD.
You may ONLY reference MD Anderson and/or Dr. Robert Newman with the exact verbiage and titles used in approved Nerium marketing materials. If you have any materials referencing either in a manner outside of this please remove it immediately. Phrases like “A breakthrough product from MD Anderson” are NOT allowed in any fashion.
We ask that you make sure that communication in any form follow these rules:
1. The only type of issues that you can market NeriumAD for is the smoothing, conditioning, and enhancing of the radiance of the skin, as well as the reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration, enlarged pores, uneven texture, and aging skin.
2. Any reference to any type of skin disease from acne, rosacea, eczema, etc. cannot be connected to NeriumAD. No claims of wound healing or anything similar is allowed.
3. There can be no statement of how NeriumAD makes changes at the cellular level or any comments about making physical changes to the skin.
4. Claims that NeriumAD can replace any prescribed medications are prohibited.
5. NeriumAD is not a medical grade cream and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease.
We recognize that there are many people having wonderful results with the product; however, we must continue to enforce our Policies and Procedures. Anyone found making claims contrary to Nerium’s policies risks having his or her Brand Partnership terminated. If you have personal or even third party verbiage or testimony, or pictures demonstrating or suggesting any of the prohibited claims, we ask that you terminate using them immediately, and remove any claims you have posted on any medium (social media sites, websites, marketing materials, etc.).
Communication With Our Partners
We continue to have a number of people in the field contacting our partners, such as Nerium Skincare and Nerium Biotechnology, vendors and other associated companies. These direct communications are specifically forbidden in our Policies and Procedures:
1.18 Contacts. Brand Partners are to limit all corporate communication to the office and staff of the Company. No direct contact is to be made with the Company’s partners, suppliers, consultants, or hired professionals without the express written approval of the Company.
All inquiries about NeriumAD or the companies involved should be directed to Nerium International.
We take very seriously protecting the integrity of our story and our brand. We appreciate your cooperation and leadership in this endeavor.